Categories

JAVA DATEBASE
Technology Network Community
Oracle Database
Fusion Middleware
Development Tools
Java
Desktop
Server & Storage Systems
Enterprise Management
Berkeley DB Family
Cloud Computing
Big Data
Business Intelligence
Architecture
Migration and Modernization
E-Business Suite
Siebel
PeopleSoft Enterprise
JD Edwards World
Industries
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
User Productivity Kit Pro (UPK) and Tutor
Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC)
Master Data Management (MDM)
Oracle CRM On Demand
On Demand: SaaS and Managed Applications
AutoVue Enterprise Visualization
Primavera
ATG
Agile PLM
Endeca Experience Management
Fusion Applications
Archived Forums

 



Tags

EBS General Discussion


Data definition, templates and ldt files


Can anyone,please, advise me where should i look up for templates,data definitions and ldt files for certain concurrent requests? I am relatively new to EBS, not quite sure where I should start looking..  Edited by: maylo on Feb 23, 2013 4:28 AM

Pl post details of OS, database and EBS versions. Templates and data definitions for XML/BI Publisher are stored in the database  Where are Uploaded Templates for Concurrent Programs from XML Publisher Stored? [ID 754415.1]  What ldt files are you you referring to ?  HTH Srini

OL 5.8 on both tiers EBS 12.1.3 DB 11.2.0.2  All ldt files related to, let's say, one concurrent request.  Thank you for your reply.

AFAIK, there are no LDT files related to a concurrent request. LDT files are used typically by FNDLOAD to download and upload AOL defintions.  Srini

So is there a way to use FNDLOAD utility to extract AOL definitions to an ldt file for certain concurrent req? How does a concurrent request fit in there? Are there any metalink notes closely related to this topic?  Thank you, Maylo

Yes you can extract custom AOL definitions from one instance  into an ldt file using FNDLOAD, then upload the same into another instance  Tips About FNDLOAD [ID 735338.1]  http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E18727_01/doc.121/e12893/T174296T206863.htm#ox2Dgenld  HTH Srini

Thank you for your help. I'll first try to get to know myself with this matter, then try to be more specific about this issue.  Thank you very much,  Maylo

maylo wrote: Can anyone,please, advise me where should i look up for templates,data definitions and ldt files for certain concurrent requests? I am relatively new to EBS, not quite sure where I should start looking..  Please see "Oracle XML Publisher User's Guide" -- http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B25516_18/current/acrobat/115xdoug.zip  Thanks, Hussein

maylo wrote: OL 5.8 on both tiers EBS 12.1.3 DB 11.2.0.2  All ldt files related to, let's say, one concurrent request.  Thank you for your reply.  Please run the query in (How To Obtain A Complete List Of Available XML Publisher Reports? [ID 885989.1]).  Thanks, Hussein

maylo wrote: So is there a way to use FNDLOAD utility to extract AOL definitions to an ldt file for certain concurrent req? How does a concurrent request fit in there? Are there any metalink notes closely related to this topic?  Thank you, Maylo  Please refer to these docs.  FNDLOAD Download / Upload Concurrent Programs Fails To Load Parameters [ID 1101946.1] HOW TO RESTRICT FNDLOAD NOT TO DOWNLOAD VALUESETS AND ITS VALUES [ID 989561.1]  Thanks, Hussein

Thank you All for your reply.  What entities (rdf, xml, concurrent programs, data definitions.....) are required to consider when migrating customization reports? Is it enough to move rdf, ldt (for concurrent program) and xml template? Do I need to get ldt for Data Definition and Templates using something like this:  FNDLOAD apps/$CLIENT_APPS_PWD O Y DOWNLOAD  $XDO_TOP/patch/115/import/xdotmpl.lct XX_CUSTOM_DD.ldt XDO_DS_DEFINITIONS APPLICATION_SHORT_NAME='XXCUST' DATA_SOURCE_CODE='XX_SOURCE_CODE' TMPL_APP_SHORT_NAME='XXCUST' TEMPLATE_CODE='XX_SOURCE_CODE'   If anyone could give just a big picture of what is required to migrate when migrating customization reports.  Thank you Maylo  Edited by: maylo on Mar 13, 2013 1:53 AM

How are these custom reports being launched ? If thru the concurrent manager, then at the very minimum, you will need to move/copy/migrate the following -  1. Custom concurrent program definition using FNDLOAD 2. Copy over the rdf executable 3. Copy over the xml templates 4. Custom report group to which this custom concurrent program is attached to 5. Custom responsibility to which the custom report group is attached to  HTH Srini

maylo wrote: Thank you All for your reply.  What entities (rdf, xml, concurrent programs, data definitions.....) are required to consider when migrating customization reports? Is it enough to move rdf, ldt (for concurrent program) and xml template? Do I need to get ldt for Data Definition and Templates using something like this:  FNDLOAD apps/$CLIENT_APPS_PWD O Y DOWNLOAD  $XDO_TOP/patch/115/import/xdotmpl.lct XX_CUSTOM_DD.ldt XDO_DS_DEFINITIONS APPLICATION_SHORT_NAME='XXCUST' DATA_SOURCE_CODE='XX_SOURCE_CODE' TMPL_APP_SHORT_NAME='XXCUST' TEMPLATE_CODE='XX_SOURCE_CODE'    If anyone could give just a big picture of what is required to migrate when migrating customization reports.  Thank you Maylo  Edited by: maylo on Mar 13, 2013 1:53 AM  Please see these docs.  How To Use XDOLoader to Manage, Download and Upload Files? [ID 469585.1] Running XDOLoader to Download Data for XML Publiser Data Definitions Fails with ORA-6401 [ID 374195.1] Unable to Download Data Templates With XDOLoader: java.lang.NullPointerException [ID 428956.1] How To Upload Xliff Files for XML Publisher Using XDOLoader [ID 810163.1]  Thanks, Hussein


Related Links

what type of testing is required before go live?
R12 Notification Mailer
Best VMWare
Concurrent Request scheduling holiday
request sets question
Default Responsibility After Login
table/colum used in html pages in oracle apps
tables to get QC Assay tests and specifications
LDAP Authentication for R12?
How to join FND_OAM_FORMS_RTI to V$SESSION and V$PROCESS ?
New to Oracle E-Business Suite
Email notification after submitting Conc Request- plzzzz anybody help me.
11i Patching - Patch Wizard and Quarterly CPU's
Uploading attachments using APIs does not work
is concurrent manager is configured with 12.1 Fresh not Vision db install?
Oracle Login Error